Sunday, August 26, 2012

Tick Tock II

I look at the clock, it stopped ticking.
I look at myself and stopped waiting.
Am I the only one who's tired?
Or the only one who tried?

For years I have kept it,
Under lock and key for extreme secrecy
I have ignored all opportunities
Thinking I might ruin what we have
Only to find out that all we had is nothing.

The present is not different from the past, only less talking.
But when did we ever talk?
We're both listeners and
You were also gifted with a keen eye for observation.

but

How come you never heard how my heart beats when you're near
or
How my heart somersaults by the mere mention of your name?

How come you never noticed how my cheeks turn red when you give me a compliment?
How come you never took note of the glitter in my eyes when I look at you,
of the way I looked at you?

Am I really good in hiding?
Or you are good in ignoring?
Nonetheless, we were able to keep what we had: NOTHING.

--D.B.R.S

No comments:

Post a Comment